Friday, August, 23rd, 2019
We are on our 2nd week of testing. New cycle starts on Monday the 26th.
Last day of testing!
A note about our testing weeks:
Every 4 months we have a 2 week window at Defined where we test many of your core barbell lifts, Girl/Hero WODS, and baseline CFD workouts.
If you are a new athlete at Defined use these next 2 weeks to establish and record your baseline numbers or if you have been with us for a while this is a great time to check in with your last testing results to gauge your progress.
Recording your numbers for these next 2 weeks is extremely valuable to being accountable to your training and making sure you are growing and progressing in our program.
Front Squat or Overhead Squat: Your Choice!
– Take 18 minutes, building to a Heavy 5, 3 or 1 rep max.
– Suggested Rep scheme: 5-5-3-3-2-2-1-1-1-1
– If you are new to Defined or either lift, choose the 5rm to keep it light and focus on the mechanics.
– Use a spotter for all reps above 90%!
CrossFit Benchmark workout: “Grace”
For time: (8 minute cap)
30 X Clean and Jerks
– Power, muscle and/or full squat cleans are all acceptable
– Barbell weight should not exceed 50% of C&J and/or 55-60% of Push press
– Weight should feel moderate to light. Even if you choose not to cycle the barbell during this workout you should be able to perform 10 unbroken touch and go with whatever weight you choose!
Next Foundations: Starting on September 8th!