Friday, March 20th, 2020
DURING THIS CHALLENGE YOU WILL SCORE POINTS FOR:
- Complete the Defined At Home workout = 1 pt per day
- Eat 3 balanced meals per day = 1 pt per day
- Drink 1 gallon of H2O per day = 1 pt per day
- Sleep at least 7 hours per night = 1 pt per day
- Complete the Defined Daily Challenge = 1 pt per day
- Don’t put your or anyone else’s fingers in your mouth = 1 pt. per day
- 6 points maximum earned per day!
Things to know:
– Spotify Playlist Link Here! Updated daily to fit your workout!
– Daily WOD post will go live at 9pm every night for the following day!
– Video demo of your coaches performing the daily workout will go live on Instagram at 9am every day!
– Daily Challenge will be posted to the stories on our Instagram page at Noon every day.
– If you didnt know yet, we are closed through March 30th. Please read Defined’s COVID PSA Here!
Defined @ Home Workout: Day #4/14 Self-Quarantine
Strength Session: “The Buildup”
Bulgarian Split Squat
– Building over a few sets to the heaviest weight you can find in your house for a set of 10 reps per leg.
See video for coaching cues!
– Hold options: Front rack, side carry and goblet, pick what works for you!
– Bench Height: Choose a height for your back leg to rest on that is just below your knee cap!
3-5 Working Sets:
Bulgarian Split Squat X 10 each leg at working weight
*Follow each set with: Single Arm Bent Over Rows X 10-20 reps each arm
– Using a heavy weight?: Choose lower reps/ Lighter weight: choose higher reps.
– Pause 1 second at the top for each rep –>This should help make a light weight feel heavier!
– No Equipment?: Replace Bent over rows with Good Morning static Hold with broom stick on backrack X 1 minute
Rest as needed after each set!
Strength Circuit: “REP-HOLD-REST”
4 Rounds (16 minutes)
EMOTM: Perform 30 sec reps + 15 sec static hold + 15 sec rest
Min 1: Pushup Reps + Static hold @ Top or bottom
Min 2: DB / KB Sumo Deadlift High Pull Reps + Goblet Wall Sit hold
Min 3: DB / KB / Banded Bicep Curl Reps + Static hold at 90
Min 4: Jumping Lunge Reps + Static hold in Lunge
– Every minute on the minute perform max reps for 30 seconds, then perform your static hold for 15 seconds, then rest 15 seconds before transitioning to the next station.
– Pushups can be performed from toes or knees
– DB/KB Weight: Can be replaced with anything you can find in the house that can mimic the same movement patterns. Backpack full of gear? Try it out!