Transition lies ahead, and we want you to know that we’re prepared to evolve; and more importantly, we’re excited to see you.
While we patiently await new operational guidelines from our local government, your Defined staff is sanitizing our space, reconfiguring class schedules, and optimizing training programs with your health and safety in mind. We recognize that what lies ahead won’t be the “Grand Opening” we’d all hoped for, but instead a gradual recovery process. Hang in there: we’re on your team!
City of Chicago Phase 3 Guidelines: Wednesday, June 3rd:
In person classes + 1 on 1 personal training available!
- Face masks will be required. (outside of workout times)
- Classes will be strictly capped at 10 athletes. (both indoor and outdoor)
- Pre-registration will be required and offered online through Zen Planner. (Download App. Here!)
- Personal Training will be available: Athletes can request 1-on-1 personal training sessions with our coaching staff, depending on availability and comfort level.
- Additional class times will be added to our schedule to accommodate smaller class sizes. (9 classes per day including open gym times, specialty classes and weekend options!)
- To give everyone a fair opportunity to participate in onsite classes, members will be initially be limited to 4 in-person classes, per week. (This can change after the first or 2nd week. Give us some times to adjust and we will eliminate this barrier as soon as possible!)
- Each class athlete will be assigned a 100 sq/ft space for training. This will include: a rower, his and her barbells, a squat rack, pullup bar, and individual sanitation materials to disinfect your equipment before and after your workout.
- Open gym will not be available inside until we are able to move our outdoor classes in. (Open gym times will be available with our outdoor schedule and options will increase dramatically once classes move inside!)
- Doors will be locked 5 minutes prior to class to prevent gym entry after class has started.
- Doors will be unlocked 15 minutes prior to class starting.
- Athletes will be asked to enter through our front door, and exit through the backdoor to eliminate and reduce crossover.
- All personal gear that is currently stored at the gym must be taken home.
- Showers will not be available.
- Pets are not allowed in the gym at this time.
- Chalk will not be available at this time. (You are encouraged to bring your own Chalk or at the very least a towel to clean up your sweat and dry your area!)
- Water fountain will not be available at this time. (Bring your own water or purchase from our retail area.)
**We ask that you do not attend class if you are sick or do not feel well. If you show up to class with a fever or any indication of illness, our coaches will politely ask you to leave in order to protect the safety of everyone around you.**
While these guidelines may appear as limits to our training, please understand that they are what’s absolutely necessary to keep our community safe and healthy. Remember: this is temporary. And we’re just as eager as you are to return to our rigorous training schedule.
As we continue to learn more, you’ll be the first to know.
Expect an email early next week with the following information:
- Our new temporary June schedule,
- How to register for classes,
- Equipment return date.