We’ve proven we’re stronger together. And now it’s time to share our resilience.
Know someone who’s interested in the benefits of functional strength training and conditioning but isn’t sure where to start? Invite them to our FREE, all-levels August Lift n’ Learn to understand our approach and meet our community.
This workout is for ANYONE who is interested in understanding the WHY behind training, eager to learn something new, looking for a training community, and/or isn’t seeing results from their current training program.
How does it work? By signing up for this class you are promising to “bring someone new” to the gym. Someone who is interested in learning about Defined and how we train and possibly joining a future “Foundations” program. Your friend does not need to sign up, you can sign up and that reserves your spot and your friends spot.
Questions? Email [email protected]
Register you and your friend here!
(Only 2 pairs of spots left)
See you soon. And don’t forget, you can earn $50 off your September membership when your friend joins Defined or our Foundations program, beginning 8/23. They sign up, you get a discount, and your friend gets fit!
EMOTM X 2 Rounds: 45 on/ 15 off; (6 minutes)
Barbell Push jerk
– Clean grip front rack or if you have a tight overhead position, defer to the Snatch grip back rack
Hanging Hollow Hold variation
– Hanging Hollow hold, Hanging “L” hold or “L” tuck with alternating legs as show in video
Prone Plate Press
– Using a light pair of plates or no weight at all, pressing using a shoulder width position
– Week 2/4
– Build to heavy set of 3
– Apply a 3 sec. pause in catch and a 3 sec. pause in standing before recovering the barbell.
– Recover front foot first
– 12 min building
3 Rounds for time: (14 minute cap)
Run X 400 meters
– Optimize with a 500/400 meter row if needed
21 X Power Cleans
12 X Burpee Over Barbell
*Barbell weight should be no more than 50% of 1rm C&J. You should be able to perform the set of 21s in 3 sets or less with whatever weight you choose.