Why Should I sign up for the CrossFit Open?
- It’s fun! We will be doing the Open wods every week on Friday as a gym. Whether you are registered or not, as a gym we will be participating!
- Competing in these workouts for the next 5 weeks is a great way to not only participate in a Global fitness competition, but your scores will help with our overall CrossFit Gym ranking and participation level.
- Challenge yourself! Many of our athletes in the past years have PRd their lifts, or performed movements as RX they thought they never could before; and in doing so have made all of our fellow athletes and coaches proud.
- Competition! We will always push harder than we ever could when we are competing and/or training for something. Take yourself out of your comfort zone and go for it.
- No one cares how you rank! It’s not about what place you come in, it’s about giving it your best effort and completing something that you never thought possible! Overall, make yourself proud!
- 5 Workouts released every Thursday night 7pm (CST)
- You can complete these workouts as many times as you want, but your scores need to be submitted latest by Monday night, 7pm (CST).
- Every week each gym and each athlete will be ranked based on their open wod scores. After 5 weeks the top 48 men and top 48 women will move on to regionals.
- If our gym scores well at the end of the Open and we make the top 30 CrossFit Gyms in our North Central Region, we will be able to send a team to Regionals! This is the end goal!
- Be open to exploring the best you have to offer right now, in this moment. More often than not, you’ll surprise yourself. And there’s no time like the present to find out. There is still time to register! Click here to make it happen!
How do I register for the 2014 CrossFit Open?
- Click the link to register. Register me!
- Pay $20.
- Register yourself with our Gym, CrossFit Defined.
A. 3 Rounds not for time:
Wall climbs x 3-5
Toes to bar x 10-15
Double unders x 30-50
B. Sumo Deadlift:
Find your heavy 1 for the day
Beg: Find your heavy 5
Int: Find your heavy 3
B. 500 meter Row X 3
Rest 2 minutes
*Recording worst round overall